The Parents and Teachers Association (PTA) of Temple Guiting Church of England School
Charity No. 1116093
We are a group of parents and staff who meet approximately six times a year to organise fundraising for our school to support the teaching staff. We also organise a wide range of social events for the school community and assist in charity events.
The PTA team for 2021-22 are as follows
Chair - Annabel Wakley - Rose Year 6, Isla Year 2
Vice Chair - Charlotte Edgeworth - Felix Year 6, Florence Year 2
Treasurer - Charlotte Green - Isabella Year 1
Secretary - Clare Byrd - Alice Year 5, Poppy Year 3
PTA members - James Ledingham, Caroline Sense, Jane Newby, Katy McMinn, Lucy Newhook, Vic Twiston-Davies, Carla Wright, Hayley Davidson-Smith, Dominique Simpson
You can contact us through the school office email email@example.com
We have run some amazing fundraising events and have been able to purchase the following;
£6,700 for a new play area in class 1
£590 for pupil swimming lessons
£400 on new reading books
£100 on new maths software
£ 90 on Easter gifts for the children
£100 on Christmas parties for the children
We are just a group of parents and carers who are keen to do our bit to support our children and the children in our care. We hold office for one calendar year. These days everyone leads a busy live but we enjoy the challenge set by our excellent staff to raise money for a wide range of projects and to support school events.
If you feel this might be your year to get that little bit more involved then you’d be hugely welcome to join us.
Thank you for your continued financial support that goes towards enhancing school life for all the children.
We hope to have another year of fantastic fundraising with our new PTA team.
Fundraising Events for 2021-2022
Ice-Cream Fridays - these run from approximately May until October each year
Christmas Fayre - Friday 3rd December 2021, 3.15pm - 6pm run jointly by PTA and Teachers, lots of fun stalls for the children including Homemade Decorations, Letter to Santa, Rudolph Lucky Dip, Secret Santa Grotto, Marshmallow Snowmen, Guess the number of Chocs, Pick n Mix Reindeer Food - and more! £5 per child ticket to include hotdog, mince pie, drink & refreshments for accompanying adult. Games and stalls from 20p
Christmas Wreath Workshop - Friday 10th December 2021, 7.30pm - 9.30pm Join us for an evening of wreath making, run by Shelley Prior (Mum of Isla in Class 1, Owner of The Broadway Florist) This evening is open to anyone - parents, carers, grandparents, friends £25 per person (please contact Annabel Wakley for more details 07867 690158)
Sale of Tea Towels - the children have all drawn self-portraits which have been printed on to tea towels. These will be available before the end of term (7th December, possibly before) They make great gifts for Christmas - £5 each. Available through PTA, also at Wreath evening and Nativity
For 2022 we are planning:
- A Calligraphy Evening for parents, carers, grandparents, friends
- Easter Chocolate Workshop for the children
- Sponsored Bounce (this has to be cancelled for Spring 2021 so we are hoping to re-arrange for Spring 2022...)
- May Fair
- Car Boot - September
On-going ways to support:
There are a few ways you can support the school through the PTA throughout the year:
- smile.amazon.co.uk Smile.amazon is a website operated by Amazon with the same products, prices and shopping features as Amazon.co.uk (it's basically Amazon). Each time you shop at smile.amazon.co.uk, Amazon will donate a percentage of the net purchase price for millions of eligible products...Should you choose to shop with smile.amazon.co.uk you can select Temple Guiting School as your chosen charity. If you use Amazon as an app on your phone, you can link to smile.amazon from there by typing smile amazon in the search and following the instructions.
- School Lottery Yourschoollottery.co.uk runs lotteries for schools across the UK. Tickets cost £1 and a guaranteed cash winner is announced every Saturday. Match all 6 numbers and you may hit the £25,000 jackpot! For every ticket you play, 76% goes to our school. If you can spare £1 per week, please sign up to play. This year we stand to get an income of £900 from our school lottery, thank you all.
The PTA has a very attractive 18' by 12' marquee available for hire at £40 per day.
Please email the office firstname.lastname@example.org and ask Mrs Jameson to please pass on your query.